Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Camera is acting up again!

Whoa is me!  But maybe it will heal itself like before.  Meanwhile, I did add a recipe section on the right side of my blog.  I will be adding to it slowly.  If there's anything you specifically want just let me know.  I am only adding recipes that I love and make for myself on a regular basis.  I will also be adding a cleaning recipe section for cleaners that I make and use.  Stay tuned!
I thought this picture was a pretty good rendition of MOI! LOL!
 Today I wrapped up all the ornaments and Vickie's gift and sent them off to Iowa.  I hope they make it there....it's always iffy.  This is one of my favorite quotes..........I wish more people would realize it!  Although I must admit it took me years to finally 'get it' myself.
 I have not tried this but I'm thinking the grand boys would like this when they come to visit. Notice the pitcher has Iowa on it.  Oh, did I tell you?  Sam and Grayson are coming this summer to stay with me without their parents for a whole week!  I am so excited!  I've never had a chance to be alone with my grandchildren.....it could be scary for all involved! LOL! Teachers have to take so many hours of continuing education in their field in order to keep their license current and her husband would have to take the time off from work in order for her to take the classes she needs soooo.........they asked me if I would watch the boys.  She will bring them down here and then come back and get them after her classes are done in a week or so and then she will stay down here for a week too!  How wonderful is that?  I have a board on Pinterest called Camp Grandma that is going to get some use while they're here!  Oh the fun we will have if I don't drop dead in the process! LOL!  I'm not used to active boys anymore....I may need to get in shape before they arrive!
 I'm not saying I'm creative but this is how my mind operates........crazy huh?
 I have no idea where I got this photo but those mittens are made for me because the minute I go out in the cold my nose starts running.  I'll have to search Ravelry to see if I can find the pattern.....stay tuned to this blog!
 This is my dream...to be driving down a country road and come across an old farmhouse like this for sale....that I can afford and that hasn't been 'remodeled' or 'modernized'......but dreams do come true sometimes!
 So far this year I feel like I am truly 'on the right track'........I may not get everything done on my list each day but I am definitely applying myself!
 I love pictures of roads like this as I always wonder what's around the bend.....
Today I also made Rain's pizza dough...finally.....it is rising for 90 minutes and then I will separate into 2 balls and freeze as I am too tuckered to do much more today.  Rain has a wonderful archive on her blog with all her fantastic recipes on it plus she has a link to her cheese making blog too.  Check her out!  She's on my sidebar.
Happy Trails!!!

22 comments:

  1. I showed the mittens to my hubby...what a neat idea! I always have to have a kleenex in my pocket when I go to Walmart. It's so cold inside the store! lol Have you tried the Panera Bread soups they have in Walmart now? They are with the specialty cheeses here. Some have TOO much salt but we had the potato soup today and it was yummy. Tasted JUST like homemade! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean in the case with the fancy cheeses...if that makes sense! lol

      Delete
    2. Obviously you have a much better Walmart than we do.....no specialty cheeses not even Feta so I am sure they don't have any Panera soups but how licky are you? I will look next time I go though...thank you! I could be pleasantly surprised and supposedly it is a Super Walmart with MacDonalds inside but they go by demand and this area is definitely not into organic or gourmet anything.

      Delete
  2. Camp Grandma; I love it! I've seen that pancake batter over the bacon recipe. Let us know how it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably won't be trying it until this coming summer when they arrive....ie; don't wait for me! LOL!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love those mittens! I’ll be anxiously watching to see if you find the pattern. Every time I go outside in the cold my nose starts running too. Those pancakes and bacon? Absolute perfection. I love bacon in any form. I hope your camera starts working for you again soon. And finally, I am so happy for you to have your grandchildren to yourself. I would love to have that opportunity but I don’t see it happening anytime soon.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did find the pattern on Ravelry....they're called Kleenix Mittens! My whole family are bacon lovers....really the only reason I could not be a vegetarian...I cannot see myself ever giving up bacon....maybe for Lent but that's all! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Have you tried taking the batteries out of the camera it should reset everything. Hope it straightens out! Pancakes and bacon...yum:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your camera woes again. I'm sure you'll keep those grandboys busy and entertained while they are there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they don't wear me out first! LOL! Yes, I need a new camera and a new printer...both are broke. I may have to dig into my retirement money which I hate to do but golly gee whiz....I need them! LOL!

      Delete
  6. I like the looks of the bacon with the pancake batter. I am going to try that. hugs, lj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it works as I wasn't going to do it until the grands come this summer. Hugs to you too!

      Delete
  7. What a great thing to feel on track with your life. And you're right, it's not necessarily accomplishing everything on the list but applying yourself and being productive. I hope your camera gets back on track too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you saw my house and my bucket list you wouldn't think so but I have learned that I love to work and stay busy with tasks that bring me closer to my goals. The most important thing I've learned though is that the journey and the process is what I love the most and then there are those times when I actually FINISH something and that's great too. When I lay my head down at night if I feel like I've put in a full and productive day then that, to me, is what's most important.

      Delete
  8. What a wide ranging and engaging post! All those tabs ARE open, LOL@ Hope your camer works out. I wana see your pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be awhile for pictures as I'm pretty sure I need a new camera. T hanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Wonderful points most people wrote in this article... Great items… I think you have made some genuinely interesting elements. Keep the good do the job.

    Sony 35mm F2.8 Price Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time and practice may help you forge an operational plan so feel liberated to add a few exercises reps and sets here generally there till youre feeling right about the results.Stop being depressed if you to be able to made fun just about all your adult life because you have skinny arms and legs and dont possess muscles. http://jackedmuscleextremeadvice.com/muscle-nit-xt/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always had HP Printer and bought them at Walmart of from HP Hope that helps:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sam, I love that "photo rendition" of you! LOL...how great that you'll have the grands to yourself! I love those mittens, what a fantastic idea...I do what my grandma used to do, I tuck tissues up my sleeve! :) I'm going right over to your side bar! I hope the pizza dough is good for you!!

    And you're right, happiness IS an inside job. I made mistakes in the past, thinking that I needed to be fulfilled by someone else, what a horrible awakening that was! When we rely on ourselves for happiness and gratitude, I do believe we are living life to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read your blog you have posted a useful information about idea lottery. I want to become an Idea Lottery winner 2018 kindly share the details with me. Thanks
    Idea lottery winner 2018

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!